Momento is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and takes its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ) very seriously. As a result, Momento has implemented practices, procedures and systems to comply with its legal obligations and, in particular, to:
- maintain the confidentiality and security of personal information it collects and holds; and
- manage its systems, practices and procedures in an open and transparent way.
By "personal information", we mean (for Australia) information or an opinion about an identified individual or about an individual who is reasonably identifiable from the information and (for New Zealand) information that identifies an individual, or that is capable of identifying an individual.
- What personal information does Momento collect and hold?
- contact details (including email addresses);
- age-range; and
- details of your visits to our site (including traffic and location information, which pages you visit, weblogs and other communication information).
- Why does Momento collect and hold personal information?
- to provide you with news and information, products or services that you request from us or which we believe may interest you;
- for purposes necessary or incidental to providing you with products and services that you have ordered or requested from us;
- to personalise and customise your experience when using our site (including so that our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer);
- to communicate with you (including by email, mail or telephone, and including in relation to changes to our products and services);
- to manage and enhance our products and services;
- for system administration (including the provision of support services to people who download our Momento software);
- for network analysis and security;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site that may be available;
- to investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are, have been or may be engaged in any unlawful activity; and
- as required or permitted by any law (including privacy legislation).
- How does Momento get the personal information it collects and holds?
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- order products from us;
- enter any of our competitions or promotions;
- fill in any contact or registration forms on our site;
- post material to our site or to social media that we use (such as Facebook and Twitter);
- contact us for assistance or with questions, or report problems with our site or with a product; and
- contact us other than through our site or social media (for example, if you email us directly, or send us a fax or letter).
If you are concerned about what personal information we may hold about you, please see below for information on how you can access and (if necessary) correct that information.
- Can I interact with Momento anonymously or under a pseudonym?
You may however – wherever lawful and practicable – use a pseudonym (or simply not identify yourself) when dealing with us. For example, if you have a complaint or concern about our site, or a general question about any of our products or services, you are welcome to contact us without identifying yourself. In some cases, however, if you do not provide us with information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services, or respond adequately to you.
For clarification on when you must identify yourself, please contact our Privacy Officer. (You may use a pseudonym – or simply not identify yourself – when making such an enquiry.)
- Who has access to my personal information?
We may, however, also disclose your personal information:
- to people who work for or with us or for one of our suppliers, who may be engaged in, among other things, filling orders, processing payments and mail-outs, marketing, research and providing support services;
- to protect the rights, property, health or safety of Momento or its staff, customers or others (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations to protect against fraud and to reduce credit risk);
- to our agents, business affiliates, joint venture entities and other partners (including any holding company or subsidiary, our ultimate holding company, and its holding companies and subsidiaries, as defined in section 50 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
- as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business;
- to anyone else that you specifically authorise us to receive information held by us; and/or
- as otherwise required or permitted by law (including under privacy legislation).
- How can I access (and, if necessary, correct) personal information that Momento collects and holds about me?
We will respond to your requests to access and to correct your personal information as soon as possible (but in any case within a reasonable period).
- How can I complain about Momento if it breaches any applicable privacy principles or any registered code that binds it?
- How will Momento deal with complaints I might have about breaches of applicable privacy legislation or any relevant registered code?
- What steps does Momento take to secure personal information?
If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately.
If we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access our services or parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- Does Momento disclose personal information to people or organisations outside Australia?
We will not transfer your personal information overseas to a country that is not subject to a comparable privacy scheme or to an organisation that does not implement privacy obligations at least comparable to the obligations that apply in Australia.
- Who do I contact at Momento about privacy issues?
Please also contact our Privacy Officer if you want to review and/or correct any personal information we hold about you, or if you receive communications purporting to be connected with Momento or our services that you believe have been sent other than in accordance with this Policy or in breach of any law.
Momento or "we" is a reference to Momento Pro Pty Ltd (ABN 52 107 433 965) of 15-17 Merton St, Zetland NSW Australia 2017.